Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling all Floridians.. or anyone down south...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    What are the chances of someone hooking The Nerve! up with a paying gig December 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 - or whatever dates that weekend is (don't have a calendar near)? My parents need me to drive their car to them and take another back here so I'm getting a free ride to and from. If I can book any paying gigs my guitarist will come along, and one of our drummers (we play it safe with drummers) now lives in Fla. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah... our main thing is our own music, but we have about 5 sets worth of classic to modern rock (Beatles to Audioslave with lots of Sublime and STP) for the ol cover gig scene.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You want to play Gainesville?

Maybe I can set up something with my punk band Pissing on Susie and our guitarist's other band Crash Pad which I think would draw a good crowd for you guys.

You guys are kinda poppy punk right?

Would you guys need a place to stay? We might be able to help with that too.

Ill see what I can do.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Actually, that would be really cool. We are (were) kinda poppy punky. Our newer stuff is more straight ahead rock, but we've got tons of material. We just need to secure at least one (preferably 2) paying gigs before my guitarist can afford the week off from work. Our drummer can get us an audition gig at some happening bar in Miami on wednesday... if we could do the gig with you, and figure out a way we can leave fla with some cash this may be very cool. Thanks for the offer. Can you email me your phone number and I'll give you a call over the weekend?

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I listened to the sample from your CD page so I have an idea of what to expect. Crash Pad is in the same leage, maybe a bit punker, but definetly the same vein. There are other bands I know who would draw the right crowd for you guys if Crash Pad cant play for whatever reason.

How much money are you guys gonna need? They pay but it depends on the draw usually.

What bar are you thinking about in Miami? Im origionally from there so I can give you insight. Churchills is probably the best for live music these days. As a matter of fact, 3 of my friends bands are playing there tonight at a weekly local show they call "Plaid." I can probably set you up with The Brand and some other Miami bands that run "Plaid" that would also draw a good crowd for you guys.

Ill e-mail you my number and send you contact info for Plaid through www.myspace.com too.

It would be pretty cool to play a show with you guys.