Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling all French members!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hi fellows,

I'm currently considering coming down to Paris, France for Tori Amos's concert in beginning of february next year, and was wondering if any of our wonderful french members live near Paris?

Further on, I would need to know if the concert tickets are still available, and where I could find them. So if any of you guys could do me a small favour here, I'd be more than happy to make up your trouble by offering a pint or two in some parisian café or something like that if I decide to come down there.

Throw me an email or PM if you could help me, or if you just happen to be in Paris and wish to meet at that time. Thanks.

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i speak french....but i live in the US so that really doesn't help....hmmm....if anything i just brought this thread back up to the top...

bp13

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Im 1/8th french :)

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    And 7/8th bastard ;)

:D

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Pardon me, dear sirs, but there has been a slight change in our travel plan. Instead of going to Paris, I today phoned my local travel agent and they are currently fishing me some tickets to Amos' gig at London in mid-January!

And, a pleasant surprise, after conversating with my mother, she said 'OK sonny, as your birthday is next wednesday, why don't we pay most of your trip' :D

I'm also wishing I can meet our very own Mr. Steve Lawson during my 5-day stay.. (Steve, if you're reading this, check your email.)

Any travel tips are welcome, and oh, UK members contact me if you plan on being in London from 16th to 20th of January - it's always a pleasure to meet new faces :)

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

ouch

that one hurts *points to cardiac area* right here!
    :(

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    so you do have a heart....hmmm....odd...i always thought mods were heartless

bp13

8. I speak Quebecois, well Ontario school french. My mother is a Quebecois