Calling all GASers of the Steve HArris P-bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Why don't we all organize and actually bug the hell outta Fender and get them to bring back one of the basses we want in our collection!

I assume we all know the e-mail address.. it's for those not knowing.

I'm in with Braker, and I hope it's not just us craving one...I hope our badgering will get'em back in our avaliabllity...

The Fender Jazz has the Marcus Miller and the Geddy Lee, and the p-bass has like what...that dude from blink's sig series?! man... it'd be so awesome if the Harris P-bass came back...

please lets make a group effort!
  2. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I want one! but i need a lefty, so I will email Fender about & try to get them to make them!
  3. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    big bump for this one! Everyone mail them.. even if you dont want one, mail anyway! Glad to see people are interested in it besides me :bassist:
  4. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I might be alone here but I think this topic should be made sticky
  5. hahaha....dude you rock!

this is honestly the only P-bass I want, too... so why doesn't Fender want my money?!

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Meh, i checked one out @ mars a long time ago, and it sounded OK, but it had some build issues. the neck joint was really loose. i did some vibrato and stuff and i could feel the neck moving and creaking, so meh. it looks pretty cool though IMO.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I emailed em 2 days ago.
  9. thanks guys... I just e-mailed them a longer letter because when they replied, I only got that stupid copy-and-paste response they normally do...

This time, I told them why, cuz the Fender Jazz has many great japanese made sig series, like the Geddy Lee and Marcus Miller, while the P-bass has the Mark Hoppus series that was really disappointing, at least to me.

hopefully I won't get a stupid response like the last one...
  10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Steve Harris rules!

11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Might as well bump this one, still gassing.

And while you're at it, please beg for the 70's Reissue Precision too!
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why don't ya rub it in buddy! :spit: :D
  13. Well if you insist! :D
  14. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    clizzank fo zhizzle!

"The Evil That Men Do" is making me GAS for a 1/4 pounder pickup in my Squier, and lowering the action a bit.

btw, this was just a bump since the Harris P is way better than the Hoppus P(or is it a J?)
  15. Well, I have GAS for a P, with the help of him.
  16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Mine's nicer :spit: :D
  17. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That was actually the first Fender I ever liked, really turned me onto P-basses. A kid at National Guitar Workshop who was in most of my classes had one and we swapped basses for a day...I almost let him keep my Stingray if it wasn't for the massive paint chip!