Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling all Guitar Center gurus

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 'JC', Mar 12, 2005.

1. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    I got my foot caught in my mouth with some GAS today, and now have a 1200+ rig on special order that I want to change up.

The receipt says no 30 day/money back guarantee on special orders, but I had it done once at a different store after mucho complaining.

Can anyone give me any advice.
    :help:

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well it hasn't been 30 days yet... whats the problem?

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it's special order and not able to be returned under the 30 day rule

4. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Hey Sonorous, is that a real city you're in or a play on 'southlake'?

and as james said - its a special order.

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No, its the real name.

Oh, and I just read your first post wrong. That was all.

6. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    If you placed the order today and still plan to spend the money at that particular store (change up?), then I would hope it's not going to be a problem if you contact them ASAP and explain that you made a mistake.

If you're looking to get your money back altogether, then that may be a different story.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Dont delay.

I work at a Guitar Center and though its not required that we cancel special orders we might under certain circustances.

If the order has gone through and the item is on its way I can almost garauntee that they wont refund the money. These orders can take a long time to process though and so if you cat quick it might not be too late.

What did you special order? Certain special order items are coded as such because they dont sell easily. If the item is easy to sell they might excuse the mistake.

More details would help.

8. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    sent ya a PM Nick man. :)
    thank you.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Replied.