1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

calling all Police fans

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by papadesophie, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Wow, that's one hell of a set!

2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    That was funny... I think Sting should use a BEE Bass maybe the "Stinger Model" that just came out....yah baby...

3. bolombo

bolombo

Oct 27, 2007
    EMPIRE STATE
    :hyper:Just happened to be looking thru the EB stingray serial no's on their site and came across this....

36005...DOB 21 Sept 1992. Cherryburst with Maple. Matt Black pg. 3 Band EQ. Flea bridge. EB advise owner that Bass has narrow neck and sold to "STING" of band "POLICE". Neck 1 1/2" wide at the nut.
    Cmon, how could Sting not own a Ray???

4. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Awesome story especially since Dan has passed away recently. I grew up in St Charles/St Peters and always went to that shop with a certain reverence knowing that he supplied instruments to many of my heroes. I never knew that Sting/Spector story, kinda brings a tear to my eye now.....

I am watching Synchronicity DVD right now trying to figure out that Basses specs and I thought it had a black bridge and chrome tuners, but you must be right it looks like a Badass too, not a Spector bridge.