Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling All Suckers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Nov 24, 2000.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Saw a hoot on eBay - someone is trying to sell a beat-to- feces Vox bass they say was Bill "Wayman's" (sic) for $5000 without authentification. To top it off, it's a Bill Wyman Signature Vox! I know the Bass Players Hall of Fame has one and even they don't claim it was Wyman's, only as an example of a 60's bass. If you want to see or bid on it just go to eBay and search for "Bill Wayman" (sic).
    Now if someone buys this, I'll sell them Jaco's Jazz as soon as I untie it from my car bumper.

[Edited by rickbass1 on 11-24-2000 at 01:44 PM]

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
  3. would have been nice if the guy could have spelt bills last name right. next week he will be selling the guitar used on stairway to heaven made popular by Jed Zeppelin

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Well, maybe it IS Bill Wayman's bass. You know, Bill Wayman, the dude who changes oil at the JiffyLube in Yeehaw Junction, Fl as a day job between yearly gigs at the Risque Cafe in little Micanopy, Fl.

As it is actually Bill Wayman's bass, anyone who buys it hoping that it was actually Bill Wyman's bass has no cause for complaint.

Jason Oldsted

5. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi Guys,
    I just happen to have Bill Wymans Son's email address.
    Sooo.....I've emailed this page to him, should be interesting as I think Bill's Vox is probably hanging on the wall in his restaurant!

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Whoa, cool! Yeah, let us know what happens!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Anybody notice that the guy corrected the spelling of Mr Wyman's name on the page?

I guess knowing how to spell the name would make it seem a little more legit. :rolleyes:

8. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Didn't Bill Wyman play mostly on Framus basses during the early years,and then switch to Travis Bean?

9. Maybe he's lurking! ;)

10. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    I saw a piece of film last night of the Stones singing "Let's spend the night together" Bill was definetely
    playing "The Vox".
    I think Bill mostly played Framus then went on to use a headless steinberg?
    Anyway, I read an article by him recently, He HATED that Vox thing.

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member