1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calling all Trace Elliot nuts, I need your help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZaphRoBass, May 8, 2010.

1. ZaphRoBass

ZaphRoBass

May 8, 2010
    Hey all-

I've got a question regarding a combo amp, and an extension cab I picked up a couple months ago.

I seem to be having some trouble finding the exact model/amp that I have, which leads me to believe it was custom built, or just a very limited production model.

http://yfrog.com/2tcomboampj

As pictured above, the amp comes equiped with all the same bells and whistles of a 7215 Combo Amp, yet has some clear differences of the model 7215's I keep finding photos of when I search the web!

On the back of the amplifier it even says "7215" written with permanent black marker. Yet, I can't find one picture, let alone specification that matches.

Does anyone know what this is? What's the difference between the 7215 pictured here:

http://www.dmaudio.co.uk/img/7215.gif

...aside from the obvious cosmetic differences (red stripes, air ports, etc.)

This would be very helpful!!

Also, I have an extension cab:

Model No: 1815T which claims to be a 300w Extension, single 15" Woofer.

If anyone also knows the value you of these pieces, I'm dying to know!

Combo Amp and Extension Cab pictured together below:

http://yfrog.com/4campplusextensionj

Thanks guys,

- Evan

2. ZaphRoBass

ZaphRoBass

May 8, 2010
    *Bump*

Trying to list this for sale on CL, just want to make sure my specs are accurate.

Any information is helpful.

3. muddycreek

muddycreek

Feb 26, 2010
    That looks more like a 715x, if memory serves, but with the older series 6 GP7 preamp.

4. ZaphRoBass

ZaphRoBass

May 8, 2010
    *Bump*

Yeah, it does look like a 715x.

And despite it saying 7215 on the back plate, it feels like it has more power than a 300w amp(or less from what I've seen).

I run the combo amp into a TE 1518T Cab, which is a 300w 15" Extension cab, and it really feels like it adds a lot more depth to the amp, gives it more head room, etc. But power-wise, if I cranked it up to 6 on the input channel, and 6-7 on the output channel, it knocks so hard that the screws come loose on the grills of both the combo, and the extension.

No word a lie...

I play with a band formatted as follows:

Lead Guitar Rig:

MIM Strat, or a Schecter semi-hollow. A series of pedals, preamps, poweramps, a 2007 Fender 60w HotRod Deville 4x10, and a 3x12 JBL/Beyma Extension.

Rhythm Guitar:

Gibson Les Paul, or an Ibanez semi-hollow. More pedals, preamps, power, bs, a 1971 Fender Twin Reverb 2x12(90w?), and a 2x12 Hard Trucker/Tone-Tubby cab.

Drums:

9 pc yamaha pro series, and a Roland electric kit(not sure what model).

Keys:

A hammond B-2, modded to a B-3, Moog Little Phatty, a couple little Korg synths, pedals, Kaosilator Pro, etc.

And I just run straight into a Q-Tron(sometimes) into my Trace rig, and at 3-4 on both channels, I can easily cut through the mix...

...and that's not even running through a PA system(yet).

So, I don't know what I got really, some custom built amp perhaps? or maybe Trace Elliot is just worth every penny.

I would like to find out what it is, for selling purposes... cause to be honest, I could use something more compact.

The combo amp itself weights 75-80 lbs, and the extension cab is another 60-65 lbs, so it's a bitch to move. :bawl:

Any information would be spectacular!

5. ZaphRoBass

ZaphRoBass

May 8, 2010
    **bump** :rolleyes: