1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

calling all yorkville xs400t users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey eveyone, I thinking before I go all out with a pre/power setup I want to get a smaller combo because right now all I have is a 25 watt marshall amp. I gig pretty often so it would really be nice. So im thinking about getting a yorkie xs400t 2X10 combo. Could you guys tell me what you think about this amp? and if you dont like it and think I should steer clear thats also welcome.

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I would suggest in getting it in the hard urethane finish rather than the carpet , Because You are going to definately want to grab the matching 115 or the 210 for it.(250wrms at 8ohms internal and the full 400wrms at 4 ohms with extention) The extention cabs do NOT come in black carpet.(though I wish it were an option!)

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I have to disagree...I absolutely HATE the paint, it's abrasive, and I've lost a lot of skin to it with my other Yorkie cabs (not to mention store displays when I help out on the sales floor...)

The carpet covering isn't that hard to keep up...and to be honest, it's not as expensive either, if that's a factor! I have mine on top of an XC210 in my home studio, wish I could get that in the carpet finish as well, but I don't really notice the difference...they're both dark in colour, and the grills are the same/similar enough that it doesn't bug me...

...as far as the power, the 250w at 8 ohms internal is IMO underated, it's plenty loud enough, I usually don't need or use the extension cabinet when I take it out.

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Does Yorkville typically under rate their power ratings? My XM200C on its own gets pretty darn loud, and thats 150 watts into its internal speaker. I can't wait until I can pair it up with a Yorkville cab.

Since I use mostly flatwound strings, do you have any suggestions?

BTW, not that being louder than claimed is a bad thing!! :hyper:

5. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    anyone else have some more info

6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I guess it would be better to say "EXTREMELY conservative", rather than under rate...and you'll see specs listed for both continous and peak wattage.

7. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Any specific info you're looking for, or just general info?

8. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    rev is correct they are very underated power wise my Euphonic is a cleaner sounding head but the Yorkie has way more powerful!!

9. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    I just want to know what your thoughts are on the am I think im going to get one but I want to hear what you guys think about it. Then ill have to go play it.