Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling all Zeppelin fans...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by relman, Apr 11, 2001.

1. does anyone know what Zoso means??????????

2. That is a very good question.All I know is that it came from the symbols on their 4th album.For some reason the band did not title their fourth release.I guess in an effort to name the album some one came up with that.However,I could be somewhat mistakened.At least that's the story I heard from the rumor mill.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I think they are alchemy symbols.

4. It means they worshiped Satan......
    just jokeing.

5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I think Page has mentioned somewhere, many years ago, that the symbol 'ZOSO' , was his own design. It was supposedly meant as a visual representation of his own essence. His basis for this most likely had something to do with his interest in the occult during the early 70's. Page claims that it was never meant as a word, just a symbol.

During one the few recorded press conferences with LZ ( in 1977 I beleive ), Page was asked what he thought of his ' ZOSO ' symbol being mistaken for a word. His only response was " Well, I was quite pissed off actually!".

But as far as I know, he has never come forward and told anyone what the symbol really stands for.

6. ever heard the song "i hate led zepplin" by Screaching Weasel?
    if not you should download it
    now thats good music

7. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    Zoso? wasn't that the name of John Paul Jones' solo album?

(yes, I know it was "Zooma", not "Zoso". don't correct me.)

8. I saw a documentory on them and it was one of those things where the album didn't have a name just symbols and fans just called it Zoso cause the symbols spelt it out. It's kind of like Metallica and their self titled release because it was black they called it "Black". Just a question that album was it written around the same time as they were experimenting with different cults and drugs etc?

9. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The four symbols of "zoso" were Nordic runes representing each of the band member's names. If you look at concert shots of those years, you should see the runes displayed on each members gear somewhere.

10. Man, I remember I spent like a whole day thinkin about that while I sat down listening to the box set of the all the Zepplin studio albums, crazy stuff lol.

11. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    It was not Zoso it was Zooma!

:)

12. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    There is a good Led Zepplin website that I found through a web search. They go into what the symbols mean. Each band member had his own symbol. But I can't remember what the website was. As Dagwood Bumstead says "!#$&%*#)"

13. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    F.Y.I- Zoso stands for the male genitalia in Crio, or is it the female's?