Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling Cirrus users for HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyoshim, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyoshim

hyoshim Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Today, after changing out the strings, I tried to lower the action of mu Cirrus 5. Manual says in order to lower the action (less relief) truss rod needs to be turned clockwise 1/4 turn at a time. But only after about 1/8 turn in clockwise direction, the truss rod was totally loose. What's up with that? This is a new bass. Was I doing it wrong? Problem is when manual says clockwise, it does not say in reference to what. I was sitting and the headstock was to my left and the bout was to my right. Warwick manual is very specific in giveing instruction. It gives you the reference point. But not Peavey. So what am I doing it wrong? Vic chime in please. :help:

Thanks,

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Thats really strange... Mostly because if you turn something "Clockwise" its gonna get "tight" not "lose"...

Email the Company, if its broken they should give you a new one...

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    "Clockwise" (as in the case of all basses with adjustment at the headstock), as you're looking down the neck from the headstock end. The tip of the truss rod is pointing at you.

I do a lot of setups. Turn the truss rod (clockwise) and see if it begins to get snug at some point. It may have been real loose from the start.
    If it starts to catch, give it about half a turn and see how your action (after re-tuning) is. After that, follow the "1/4 turn" procedure until you're satisfied.

If your truss rod is broken/defective, none of this will make it any worse.

Peavey has had an excellent reputation in servicing and even replacing defective basses in it's Cirrus line.

PS. A Cirrus 6 is my main bass.:)

4. hyoshim

hyoshim Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thank you soooo much. :hyper:

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    No problem. Let us know what happens.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks like you got the help you needed. This is a duplicate of a thread in Setup, so I am closing it. In the future, post your threads in the correct forum, and NO DUPLICATES. Duplicate threads are a violation of the forum rules, which I suggest you read and commit to memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.