Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling for all Nordstrand soundclips...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rusty, Jun 13, 2004.

1. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I've done a search, and apparently no one has ever posted a soundclip of a nordie before...
    Please please please - Can all those kind (and very fortunate) souls who own nordies please post up some soundclips for all of us here at TB to gawk at?? :D

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    there were some on the nordstrand site- and i am still trying to hook it up- soon, grasshopper, soon...

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    The ones on the site were recorded during NAMM... it's really hard to hear the bass through all that noise :(

Thanks Adrian :) But how 'bout the other guys? Hman, Jeffrader, Embellisher, Funkycarnivore... I know you're reading this!!
    I'd love to hear what your nordies sound like!! :hyper:

4. Todd at basstasters.com told me that Carey was sending him a bass to post soundclips of Nordstrand pickups. I haven't seen anything listed there yet but it's a very useful/helpful site if you haven't been there yet. Several differnt basses played through several different pre amps, etc. Hopefully he'll have something of Carey's there to listen to soon.

5. Go here - and scroll to the bottom - there are clips of Adrian and Carey jamming and some solo bass lines that demo the sound of the basses really well:

http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/new.htm

PS

I WANT THE NAMM BASSSSSS!!!!

Sorry - got a little carried away there...

6. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Actually Rusty,
    The clips on my site were recorded in my office. And direct to disk as well, with no mics. You may have me confused with another builder that has all kinds of NAMM clips and videos...

I used a Read Purity basically as a DI(ie. flat) into a Digidesign Mbox. Everything is set flat unless otherwise noted.

I will have a link to some songs that my basses were used on in a day or two. Then you can hear how well they record.

I am also going to do a lot more MP3's as I start to develop more pickups and as I complete basses.

7. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    My bad. Must have been some loose screw in my head somewhere. I just checked out the soundclips again - and they sound great :) Perhaps it was all a bad dream...

New clips comin up from the man himself?!? Woohoo!! :hyper:
    I can't wait!!

Slightly out of place here, but... GO DETROIT!!! 1 MORE TO GO!!

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    thnaks, bu that would be Sean and Carey jamming.. and Sean has a lot more chops than i do.. but i can take Carey anytime!! :rolleyes: :D

9. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    b U m p :D

10. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Actually he sent me some pickups (thanks carey!) and i'm still lobbying for a bass :)

Nordstrand pickups will be up soon!

11. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
  12. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
  13. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Yes Mascis, that is a good sample of the different sounds possible with the NP4. In my personal experience I can only say that it's a bit addicting to play a bass with that pickup in it.

Todd,
    I really should send that bass to you because it sounds really danged good. Again, addicting in a wierd way. But, maybe it's just my Aguilar db750 that makes everything sound so good...

Adrian,
    C'mon bud. Let's have a chops showdown. J/K, I'm a builder not a player...

14. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Carey, I wholeheartedly agree! :D

Perfect timing too, as I have EA, Thunderfunk, and Aguilar rigs to play through.

15. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    unregistered, which pickups are these? Or is this a Nordstrand bass?

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
  17. unregistered

unregistered unregistered

Jun 18, 2004
    thanks AG :)

mascis, that's a nordstrand dual coil (not the fat stacks) and a set of RMC piezos. Mostly the piezos (its set up at about 70/30)

18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    so, who is this mystery "unregistered"?.. as far as i know , the only person with such a Nordstrand is Jeff Rader...