Calling on Munji

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave44, Apr 14, 2003.

1. I'm hopeing you can help me. I have a CXC 1015 (8 ohm, the cab is 8 ohm as well) Eden combo Series amp and I'd like to add a 2X10 cab to it. Does the combo amp have a cross over inside the cab to seperate the frequencies from the 15 and the 10? if so will it also work when I plug an external cab in? will it harm my amp if it does not? There's a great deal in the local paper here and me and the fellow who selling the cab couldn't figure out weather we had a cross over or not. He was very helpful, didn't want to sell it to me till we found out for sure. Did try the Eden web site but it couldn't help us and they have yet to return my e-mail.
  2. Well, until Munji answers your specifics... why not give them a call? Their toll free number is: 800-877-6863.
  3. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I second the suggestion to call Eden. Traditionally, they are slow to answer emails. Yet, they are very friendly and frank on the phone.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I doubt very much that the combo amp has an active crossover. And even if it did, you'd need a second amp to power the second cab.

Having said that, I don't think you'll need a crossover. I've been running a full range signal to my Eden 210 xlt for years and it handles it nicely, provided you don't boost the lows too much. You shouldn't have to boost the lows coz the amp has a 15" speaker.

If you want to cut the lows from the 2x10, you could get a passive crossover and install it inside the cab. You'll find there's already a passive crossover in you amp chopping the lows away from the 10" speaker.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hi. Sorry 'bout my tardiness ... been in Freeport, Bahama for the last week. On bidness.

Anyway, I dunno. I doubt it. The other guys are right, the folks at Eden will know. Sorry.