1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calling out computer geeks, help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Sep 1, 2008.

1. 5mxp8j.

i get this error everytime i click on "windows recording mixer" on adobe audition. i ran a registry cleaner software a week before installing audition on my pc. ive used audition on my computer before and it worked fine before.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I never use registry cleaners. You probably removed a key that your pc needed for that program to run that the cleaner didn't find as vaild.

This could be a hairy situation.

3. Registry cleaners are notorious for deleting entries that *may* be needed by some programs. I'm sure that's what happened here.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

No I think he is actually missing the key that associated Audition to the windows sound program.

It's missing the Windows key.

5. Hopefully that program will uninstall... if you can, then do it.. Reinstall it.. and I'm pretty certain that error won't appear again. Let us know what happens...

6. Sounds like your sndvol32.exe got deleted for some reason. From your screenshot it looks like you have Vista, so I uploaded the file from my Vista machine for you. Remove the .mp3 extension and save it in your c:\windows\system32 directory. That should fix the problem.

Attached Files:

7. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    ^ Yeah that. c:\windows\system32 is in the default path so any app should be able to launch it.

8. thank you so much :smug:!