Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling Pyhor.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Last night on SNL, Queen Latifah was the musical guest with Tom Barney on bass. Natually, he killed, but I noticed that he was playing a beautifully quilted Sadowsky 5. Did he switch from ESP, and if he did, ask him can I have one of them! :D :bag: BTW, he really killed it!

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey what's up?
    Tom Barney is a first call studio bassist and former SNL bassist x2
    Are you sure it was a Sadowsky and not his ESP five strng? Was it light tan in color? Did the bass have soapbar pups with white binding around the body?
    When we were together back in August I asked about the basses he owned and he did not mention a Sadowsky, I would have remembered that. (being I was getting ready to buy another bass and he told me to check out Celinder basses) If he is in N.Y. I will get an answer for you.
    As for the ESP endorsement he still has 3 basses ready to be picked up at ESP.

As I remember he told me him and Roger go back a long way so I don't think it was a Sadowsky he was playing. If you remember back in the 80's when Marcus, Will and Tom were playing on SNL Tom was the only bassist not using a Sadowsky. I told him I was interested in getting one (I even met Nino outside GC in L.I. and told him I was coming down) When Tom told me to Check out Celinder basses.
    I got the feeling then he didn't care for Rogers basses then!

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The headstock was 4 up and 1 down, and I think that the ESP's have 5 across. I'm talking tuning pegs, of course.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I will call him today and find out. :)