Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

calling rllefebv, joris, bgavin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K Dubbs, May 7, 2003.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    This weekend and next I'm building myself a new bass cab and finishing the keyboard amp I've been working on already. I got acousti-stuf polyfill to use inside both enclosures, but i developed a problem. Is there some sorta clever method to get the stuff spread out in a blanket-like form for getting it on the walls of the enclosure? I did a crappy job of it using my hands, and it looks like a clumpy 3000 year old spiderweb now. Can any of you suggest a method of not ruining another batch? Also, what's a good method of securing it to the walls. Staple gun work ok? Thanks guys.

Kevin

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I stapled mine in place. But mine had one furry side and one flat that was supposed to be against the wall. Mine came in a big roll. Dont know if this works in every case.

3. My wife works at Hancock Fabrics and brings me bags of fiber fill, when I want loose stuffing, or sheets of quilting fiber fill that stays in sheet form. You can lay a few beads of RTV on the cab walls and this stuff sticks to it well. Be sure to let the RTV completely dry, as it will rot foam surround drivers.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Is this Acousta-stuf as loose and fiddly as it looks in the parts express pic?

Link

Ths stuf I use comes in a nice neat roll that attaches easily with staples:-

[​IMG]

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    My AcoustaStuf came as a big cotton-candy type ball... Fluffed out fine when pulled apart. I used 3M Spray adhesive to hold it in place... Spray the inside walls, (one at a time worked best...), fluff the 'Stuf and apply... It does tend to get spider-webby, but I haven't had any real issues because of that...

-robert