1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calling the cab experts...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sauber, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Sauber

Sauber

May 30, 2011
    Denmark
    I recently aquired another K140 because i absolutely love this speaker. I sounds just perfect for me. I was thinking of putting this in an active monitor box to make a sleek little bass wedge for live use. I have the following monitor in mind:

the box pro Mon A15

The box is likely no more than 50 litres, and the two ports will have to be measured to find out the tuning, but i am guessing that it will probably be somewhere between 50-60Hz.
    I have made some simulations in winisd:

Dropbox - JBL K140 Monitor

It looks pretty good. The frequency response it tight but acceptable, much like a good sealed cab. I don't know how big the port are, so i guessed them to be 8cm. In the port air velocity plot i am using a 200W input and it slightly exceeds the 17m/s threshold.

Do you guys think that this is a viable project or a waste of time?

Kindest regards

Ps. To give som perspective, i usually use a 40 litre sealed cab with 1 Basslite S2012 and a GK MB 200 giving 140 watts, so i am not in need of huge amounts of volume.