Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling Toby Deluxe 5 (or Pro 5) owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clorenzo, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I'm talking about the Korean made Tobias model that used to be available from www.musicyo.com. If you have one, would you be so kind as to measure with a ruler the total string spacing (center of 1st string to center of 5th string) at the bridge? Mine is in a friend's house and he's away for a few weeks so I can't get to it. I would like to upgrade the bridge (it's a few years old and the rear part is noticeably bent upwards due to the string tension) and I want to make sure I order one that is compatible with the current string spacing.

Another problem I find with it is that the tuning is constantly going all over the place, I'm always having to re-tune every couple of songs, but I'm not sure if it's the tuners or the thin neck being very sensitive to temperature variations or something. Do you have the same problem? Has anyone replaced the original tuners with good results?

Many thanks in advance,

Carlos