1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calling Warwick Experts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stoobass, Mar 9, 2008.

1. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Hi forum!

I have just joined up in the hope that you could answer a query for me.

I've just bought a Warwick Streamer of Ebay a bit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....om=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=110229798084&fvi=1

I'm not sure if I have bought the correct model and if this is genuine, not a RockBass, or if the description is accurate - I have trawled the internet and can't seem to find the exact same model - some seem to have bigger pick-ups or an oil finish.

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
  3. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

those arent made anymore, those are bolt on streamers with maple bodies.

4. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Yeah, that looks like a genuine Warwick Streamer LX 5 strings. It looks like it's got a wenge neck. This is no rockbass.

5. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Thanks for that - I can't seem to find any online with those thinner pickups and a natural finish. I thought it looked like a wideneck?

http://www.warwickbass.com/basses/streamer_lx_bn.html

Anyway do you think I have got a decent price and do you think it looks bona fide?

I put a bid in without really giving it much thought and didn't expect to win - I am after a 5-string though.

So if its good I'll be quite happy :)

6. reverb508

reverb508

Jan 6, 2008
    I'm no Warwick guru, but it looks legit (and quite nice). I doubt its a rockbass. I know the new LX streamers don't look like that but the older ones might. Anyway, If everything checks out alright, it looks like you have a nice bass on the way. Congrats!

7. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Today 05:24 PM
    SurrenderMonkey Yeah, that looks like a genuine Warwick Streamer LX 5 strings. It looks like it's got a wenge neck. This is no rockbass.

Cool - no I was fairly sure it wasn't a rockbass really - I just couldn't find a similar one online.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!!!

8. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Do you think I've got a good deal?

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Looks legit to me. There were also streamer STD's that were manufactured in Germany. Like this one.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/599135799.html

Not sure of the lbs to dollar conversion, but if it is what I think it is (around $800 USD) I'd say you got a killer deal, provided you don't get it and don't find any major repairs or problems.

10. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, it seems pretty reasonable. Enjoy your 'Wick.:)

11. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Great, I've played a corvette for about ten years now. Been hankering after a five string for a while and now I have one :)

12. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    That sure is a streamer LX. Nice catch...I'm not too sure on the wenge neck thing...It looks to me that it is just a darker Ovangkol neck.
    ;)

13. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    It is actually closer to $1000 USD.

But it is gorgeous. Congrats!

14. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    It is much nearer $1000.

Still think it is a good price, I wonder why no one else bid on it??

15. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Just gigged with it last night it has some growl and power - haven't quite got used to getting the tone I want yet...but I love it.

16. thepurplepea

thepurplepea

Dec 27, 2007
    Hey Stoobass, I was watching this on ebay last week! I have exactly the same bass. It is a Streamer LX5 and probably a non-broad neck.

If you measure the width of the bridge (the saddle) it should be 102.4mm wide. This being the case - it's a normal width neck. Body is maple. If you look at the serial number on the back of the neck, the last two numbers will be the year it was built. i.e xxxx99 will be a 1999 build.

17. Beautiful LX...the neck is ovankol for shure.

18. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    RockBasses have maple necks. It's a legit Warwick.

19. Have you ever seen wenge or weren't you born before 1998? ;)
    From the pic I'd say it could be either. Serial #?

20. stoobass

stoobass

Mar 9, 2008
    Having now played it I can confirm it is 100% legit

I'm fairly sure its 00 ie 2000. Will clarify next time I'm online.

I don't quite understand all the differences between all the different types of streamers. Is there anywhere online that discusses them?:meh: