Callous problems...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Funkize you, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Ok, so after playing a month or so, I developed a callous, then I managed to rip them all off somehow… And NOW after 2 years of playing EVERY day for 1-4 hours, I don’t have ONE callous, But my finger’s get really painful, I don’t think there is anything I can do, no matter how much I play they wont grow, and I cant play more than 45 min. Straight without feeling the pain.

What could I do?
  2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Two things that come to mind, right off the bat:

1) Put some Ken Smith Rock Master Medium's on your bass, and play it about three or four hours every day, and

2) get an upright, there's nothing like a little finger strength to build up those callouses. :)
  3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I always tell my students to play at least 30 min to a hour every day! Back in the day when i played semi-pro i was playing so much that i would get really bad blood blisters under my huge callous! They wont heal for months. So i just drank more beer! LOL But yeah they actully heal very fast so thats why you need to play atleast 30 min every day! And yes a stand up or double bass would do the trick! After getting my double bass i jab my eye ball trying to pick my nose because i cant feel anything!