1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calories burned/Caloric Content Question(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Dec 9, 2011.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I'm trying to keep a fairly accurate of how many calories I burn off each day. So I'm asking those more knowledgeable in this area about the calorie burned calculator I posted at the end of the post. I don't know if it's accurate or not, but some of the activities on the list just seem a bit odd, such as brushing teeth/resting/sitting/standing. Is this one as good as the site claims it is or is there a more realistic one out there that someone can point me to? I noticed that there weren't nearly as many overweight people up there like their are in my area, in fact, I was usually one of the heaviest ones. This really motivated me, and I'm sick of being a fat bag of crap. So any help is appreciate.

FWIW, I know how to lose weight, I was in the Marines and shed a lot of it. Also lost weight on my own by just watching what I eat, but I've never really kept track of calories, calories burned, and the actual numbers behind it all. So, if any of you know of a good site that keeps tabs on caloric content, I'd appreciate you sending it my way too.

The Most Accurate Calories Burned Calculator,

2. BassMom88

BassMom88

Oct 17, 2011
    I really like http://www.sparkpeople.com the phone app is amazing..an all-in-one calorie counter and burner and goal tracker! You can enter stuff right online too... I love that so much of the food is already cataloged re:nutritional value and there's a huge variety of activities in there already too!

3. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab