1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calvin "Fuzzy" Samuels

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassist15, Jan 2, 2007.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I started watching videos of Stephen stills' and the Manassas band and I was just wondering about this guy. He's playing a Fender P through an Acoustic amp (360 most likely). I know he played with CSN&Y for awhile to. He's got to be good becasue whenever I read about CSN&Y's bassists they always seem to be good.

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    LOL, sometimes I think you're going through my record collection bassist15. Fuzzy was great, I saw Manassas back in the day, and always dug his playing. The other excellent player CS&N used a bunch in the late 70's was George "Chocolate" Perry. If you get a chance, rent their Daylight Again tour DVD and check him out, nice solo too.

3. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Jerry , to bad I didnt live closer I probably would want to go through your records and check them out . LOL . I knew about George "Chocolate" Perry through Jaco pastorius. On Portrait of Jaco: The EArly Years Jaco did a session when he was around 20 for an old artist named Little Beaver. Beaver's bassist was Perry and he was off on tour w/ CSN&Y , so someone told them to use this young Pastorius guy and if you've ever heard the song Jaco nailed it in one take and it sounds great.