came home from being promoted to missile technician first class and...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jun 8, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the bass i bought from our brian jones was leaning against the wall. it is an AWESOME warwick through neck thumb 6'er. man, this thing seriously kicks some a..... ;) i would post some pics but my old digital camera isn't compatible with this new windows XP pooter i got a couple weeks ago. more to come on that :D unplugged, this bass has such a great tone. one of the things i noticed about it that has been different from the other thumb basses i've had is that when you attack hard, it has a really cool mwah to it. serious warwick growl right there. i love it! and when i plug it into my eden metro, the acoustic sound of the bass really comes through. i can't wait to try this thing out at rehearsal. i'm so stoked! yippee! *dances around like the southern hillbilly neptoon is* :D
  2. congrats on the new bass! sounds awesome.

congrats again on the promotion.
  3. wow, i guess the military pay raise ole GWB gave our forces was quite good - a new bass, a new computer, Eden equipment ...... maybe I should enlist!

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats on the new bass & most of all, the promotion!!!! :)
  5. --and the new bass.

;) (Now - can we expect the promotion to bassist extraordinaire?)

:cool: Have fun with it!!!
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Awesome! :)

I'm going for 2nd Class in August. :D
  7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Awsome, and congratulations! The first 6 I ever owned was a neck-through Thumb--it was very heavy, but what a gorgeous piece of work! I never did get used to the narrow string spacing, though. Hopefully you won't find it too hard to go back and forth...

8. congrats on the promotion and the bass.
  9. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    congrats on the promotion! My brother is stationed at Bremerton.... Can't wait to see pics of the Warwick....

10. Congrats for the bass, and sort-of congrats for the promotion (happy that you're doing a good job but not my idea of a job, sorry :) )
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, good luck, gabu...what rate?

thanks, mike...i'm digging it, man...a really good contrast to the curbow. the spacing is a little narrow, but i'm adjusting fine. that rockwood 6 has me spoiled :D i'll have to clean up my technique a little...and those seymour duncan pickups with the 18v pre- are really unforgiving. i may have to clean up my technique a lot! hee hee great sounding bass, though.

pmkelly...i'm stationed at sub base bangor right next to psns bremerton...matter of fact, i live in bremerton. who's your brother? a missile tech, by any chance? could this not be your idea of a job? man, i get to sweep the deck, clean the head, clean up the chief's coffee spills (make the chief coffee, too), and all the while allow people to believe i actually work on nuclear warheads and the missiles that carry them. :D this is the bomb, man! ---pun intended--- ;)
  12. I'm just not into anything army-related, that's all

:eek: :confused: :eek:
  13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Just to set the record straight, we haven't gotten a pay raise from GW yet. The big raise we got (about 18 months ago) came from Clinton - and it was nice - I ended up getting almost $400 a month more!
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yesh....sweet it was.....

relman....i'm not in the army. i'm a squid...a submariner in the navy ;) used to be in the army though... 11B, 19D...i even remember how to say HOOAH :rolleyes: i don't say it as enthusiastically as i used to though :D
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey neptoon, congrats on the bass and the promo. so, when're ya getting your own boat? :D
  16. Good deal man, and I hope you didnt think I was being negative - I believe the Armed Forces deserve higher pay :) Congrats on the bass!
  17. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, thanks, dude! i'm looking at getting a trimaran sailboat when i get back to the east coast...i know, not exactly a submarine, but i'll get to be the old man :D
  18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Rock on. I gotta learn to lighten up! :D
  19. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Congrats on your promotion, I should move to Bremerton... :D

Your Warwick sounds cool too. But I was never into them.
  20. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas