Came Home From Pete Hanewinckel's Un-Empty Handed!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jun 14, 2003.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just got this today as I had become very interested in finding a fretless sixer with the close spacing I prefer. And Pete has become like my bass pusher. I'm definitely strung out on his creations. Fortunately, I can indulge this "addiction." I had some biz with Pete today and he put this in my hand. I put cash in his.

The neck on this one absolutely blew me away! Have had little chance to do much with it yet...but I will! Look for a review soon. I can say initially that I've never touched a more effortless fretless neck and the sound is huge and warm. I'll know WAY more after I gig it on a double header next Saturday. For now, the details:

Pro series, Nimbus body style. Wenge/Pau Amarello/Padauk 7 piece neck with Macassar Ebony board. Padauk top on Mahogany body.

2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    sweet bass.. does it have enough strings for you though??? if not.. you can take one of them strings off and GIVE it to me ;)
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I'll keep that in mind as a gift suggestion for you. ;)
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Looks nice! How are you feelin' about the lines? Your other fretli are unlined if I remember correctly.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mmmmm ... got the Gumby headstock, too!
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Well, I don't really know yet. I've had lined fretless basses before, however. Time will tell on this one.
  7. Well, I'm certainly jealous! :D

Another awesome bass, boogie.
  8. Nice 6er Boogie =) Hope it sounds as good as it looks! ~ tyler
  9. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    You're killin me man!! :eek: :eek:

That looks really sweet.

I think it's a good thing I don't live so close to his shop. I'd be living in a cardboard box right now (a box full of basses of course).

I'd really like to hear how that one sounds - to compare it with my fretless. Main differences being mine is a mostly padauk neck, and a pau ferro fingerboard.

/talking to self on
    OK I just bought a new guitar, can't afford another bass right now. . .no, really, I can't. . .
    /talking to self off
  10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  11. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice bass Boogie.
  12. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    So this is your third? I'm jealous... Well i have number 1297 :p :D I'd like my next electric bass to be a fretted 6er 'winckel and get my current one defretted, but it will be a long time until then since i just bought a car and i could use a bit more power for playing more rockin' stuff. Well it looks awesome. Keep up the good work. :D

13. :p

Nice bass man!:oops:
  14. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    51 and counting? ;)

but hope your gigs went well. post up that report!
  15. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup, third far! ;) I doubt I'm done.
  16. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    All things in time and upcoming, joker. ;)
  17. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Not. But nobody's keepin' score.
  18. Now i'm not one to knock a purchase of a sweet fretless...or a sixer...or a fretless sixer, but boogie, i think you have an addiction:p

very sweet bass man. thanks to you i'm dying to try a hane! :D
  19. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Can you think of a more healthy addiction?

If you try one of Pete's basses, you might get hooked, too! ;)