Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Came home with an F Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Jul 27, 2004.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    So I went to Fargo last night to spend a little more time trying out an F bass BN6 and a Roscoe SKB 3006 at a local bass player's house.

I was sitting there switching back and forth between those two, and my Q5, which I had brought along for the heck of it, and Karl brought up that he would sell me his F Bass for a decent price. He said he needed to buy an upright for his jazz trio thingy that he is doing on the side.

I finally got down to asking what he had to have for it, and he said I could own it for $1000. Needless to say, my jaw about hit the floor. Granted, it has been played, there are a few minor wear marks on it, but it has not been abused. And he told me not to make a quick decision on it, and had me take it home with me to use on a couple of gigs I have coming up this weekend. Having the opportunity to use it in an actual gig situation is going to be great, but for that kind of money, I am thinking I should jump on it regardless of whether or not I "need" a 6er.

$1000 for a used BN6 is a pretty good price, no??

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice price indeed. :oops:

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Great price on a sweet bass!

Marshall

4. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Only in Fargo man....great deal :rollno:

pics?? :D

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    If you don't supply pictures the gnomes will kill you.

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    dude I,d hti that even if I didnt need a bass or have the money. If it is fretless tell me now and I will cancel my Carvin and buy that thing!

7. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I will try and get some pics taken of it tonight. I am pretty sure I am gonna buy it, I think I would be stupid to pass up a deal like this, and I can live with the few scratches that it has (none are through the finish). It has a small ding in the headstock right next to the F also, which isn't even noticeable unless you are really looking. And it has a wear mark on the front pickup cover from Karl resting his thumb on it. No biggy to me, it's already broken in. ;)

I just can't wait to use it on Friday.

8. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It's fretted.

9. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Very Nice :cool:

10. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    For right now, I will steal a picture of Karl with it from their website so you guys can see what it looks like. I will try and get some closeups of it tonight.

http://www.pldozer.com/Dozer 4.jpg

11. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I'm not sure I'd trade your Q5 for it but for a grand I would buy it in a heartbeat. A great bass at a super bargain price.

12. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Nope, I have decided that I just can't bear to get rid of my Q5. Unless the right Q6 came along....... :meh:

Seriously, though, the only bass that has made me consider briefly getting rid of it was a Roscoe 6er, but even that can't replace my Modulus, I am afraid. So, unless I decide to trade it for a 6 string version, it is gonna stay. I can't see myself without one.

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    dude, you STOLE that bass! and if you dont buy it- I WILL!!

14. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, the cash hasn't exchanged hands yet, but the bass is in my hands. Glad to hear from you on this one, though. I figured it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

And I thought that Brad Johnson was the only one who found deals like this.............................. :D (just kidding, Brad)

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Fog, green light, a purple bass, leather pants, and long hair?

*snicker*

...aaaaaanyway, sounds like an AWESOME deal. I'm gassing for an FBass BNF_ (4, 5, 6, it's all good) myself. Don't pass up that deal! Let me live vicariously through you!

16. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    nice price? dude, thats a Brad Johnson type deal! :hyper:

17. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    :D

If you heard this guy play, all that can be overlooked.

And it is actually blue, but looks different in certain lighting. There are other pics on their site that it looks totally blue.

18. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    man its purple! I'm considering hit that even though I'm broke :crying: it's gorgeous and a great price. *you know you wanna hit that hit that* ddoo doo do doo do do....bad ofspring tune.

19. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    You lucky dog you!

20. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    $1000 for an F bass? I think you HAVE to buy it.