1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cameo live

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, May 12, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    with Aaron Mills on Bass

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Very nice. Smooth. Man there leaving alot of space for each other. Sounds like the camera's gettin' the stage rig. What frequencies is the bassist boosting to get that aggressive grind, high mids?

3. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    ...and I like it...

4. love aaron mills..havent heard much cameo, but what he's done with outkast is great

5. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Awww man!!! Thanks Jauqo, funk at it's purest. I love Aaron's/Cameo's(they've had a few different bassists) in your face tone, a lot of that has to do with Larry Blackmon being a great bassist himself and just writing great basslines and I think he's Juliard trained. Aaron has always been one of my favorite bassists. I't was great to see that Charlie Singleton(g****r) is still with them, I've been admiring his work since the old Billy Cobham albums.

6. boprock

boprock

May 28, 2013
    Hi all, first post here.

Other solid jams with Aaron:

Cameo at Don Kirsner's Rock Concert with "On The One" (circa 1980)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkW5UJFgNA

Aaron with Cameo-fellas, trombonist Jeryl Bright and keyboardist Thomas TC Campbell, as the group MCB (TC is not pictured), with "Time Is Right" (1983)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGcSKqV438g

Also the late Mike "Calamari" Burnett is groovin hard on a set which Cameo performed at the UK tv show, The Tube (1985)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eOcStxDslY

7. boprock

boprock

May 28, 2013
    I dig the lines which Larry and Charlie play on the "Style" album from 1983.
    Only Blackmon and Singleton are credited on that album for bass:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKkKp9Re4H0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8eD6wChc8‎

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMmeL8PTZLY

Yeah, that was cool to notice about Charlie's early days, with "Opelousas" and "Pocket Change".
    Sometime before joining Cameo, he had a single out with the group Stargasm, in 1981:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXaXRVNsCwY

8. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I always dug the ballads like "Groove with you", killer basslines!

9. Damn, that brings back the memories. I think I'm gonna start wearin' some heels, and a bright red codpiece to my gigs.

10. boprock

boprock

May 28, 2013
    Yeah man, that jam is tight! Their "She's Strange" project has some special tracks. Also on that same album, the bass intro of "Love You Anyway" :cool:

Cool! And you wear the matching second name of Aaron :D

11. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe