1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cameo short scale anybody know what it is or when it was made

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wesleybblue, Nov 27, 2018.

1. 1960

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 300$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wesleybblue

Wesleybblue

Nov 27, 2018
    Hi guys looking for any info anyone has on this bass

Attached Files:

2. jackn1202

jackn1202

Feb 14, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Looks 60’s Japanese to me, but I’m no expert. $300 seems a little high though.

3. Wesleybblue

Wesleybblue

Nov 27, 2018
    Thank you for the reply... I was just going off what I have seen on the price guitar center and reverb both show them around 350 and this one looks a lil more odd with the fake maple kneck and she is a player with perfect intonation but the Frets are horrible thin thin thin

4. Wesleybblue

Wesleybblue

Nov 27, 2018
    Are there supposed to be covers on the pic ups

5. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    These frets were common to most basses through the mid to late 60's. (Fender included) They are referred to as "banjo frets" and some players still prefer them. Also common then were flat-wound strings, which are a good match for banjo frets because they didn't wear the frets down as later round-wounds did. So you joined tb today to ask the value of a bass you want to sell?

6. Wesleybblue

Wesleybblue

Nov 27, 2018
    I'm more interested in trading for a better sounding full scale or amp head

7. jackn1202

jackn1202

Feb 14, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Since you're new here I suspect the mods will spare you, but on TalkBass you're not allowed to ask the value of a bass without a Supporting Membership. That being said... I dunno if I'd pay $300 for that. Might be the upper end of the market for that. Just my best guess though, if someone offers you more for it then go for it.

8. Wesleybblue

Wesleybblue

Nov 27, 2018
    Thank you for letting me know I had no idea there was a rule against asking value