1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Campfire rosin

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by bejoyous, Apr 20, 2010.

1. bejoyous

bejoyous

Oct 23, 2005
    London, Ontario
    So last year I discovered that about 70% of my yearly desire to go camping is actually the want to sit at a campfire and drink a few beers.

I discovered this last summer by putting a firepit in my backyard and then went camping shortly thereafter. (Just get a truck wheel rim from a local tire shop, a patio stone and some wood.)

Anyway, I took some old rosin, that I was never going to use and was so dried up I couldn't give it to any one, and put it on a log in the fire. It melted into a patch of liquid fire over the log. It looked great.

So, if you have some old rosin lying around, put it in your next campfire for some nice flames.

2. George700DL

George700DL

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    This post turned out completely differently than I was expecting :)

I was hoping for a recipe for a camp-fire home-made rosin...

George

3. Me too, I thought it would give me a recipe to reconstitute my old risen but I will certainly try putting it the ire.