Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Camping

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 1, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WooHoo!

Just got home from a long weekend at the beach. Our family went to Westport, Washington. Nice and sunny all weekend. Temps were around 75 with crispy blue skies. There was some kind of motorcycle rally in a nearby town at the same time. 2000 Harley riders in town to celebrate something. We decided to head over and check it out during the daytime. It was fun. Not as fun as watching my son try to boogie board for the first time. He didn't want to listen to my suggestions at first. After an hour of failing, and watching me have fun surfing around, he started paying attention to my tips. A few minutes later we were figthing for some tasty waves dude :)

Anyone else been camping this summer? If so, where did you go?

-Mike

2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My favorite place in the world is the Kerrville Folk Festival. It's not wilderness camping, but I do go live in a portable nylon shelter on the side of a hill in the Texas hill country for a week and a half. And I get to listen to a lot of live music and play quite a bit as well.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Camping is great... especially when its in wild in middle of woods with out any man made camp grounds... especially if you doing offroading/shooting/hunting... oh yeah... love it...

I use my car for tent:) horay for my jeep...

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm getting ready for a week long backpacking trip on Alaska's Kenai penninsula. Resurrection Pass Trail. Should be fun.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow, I'm jealous!!!

We are doing a five day 21.6 mile hike up the Sol Duc Hot Springs area on the Olympic Peninsula. Once you get deep in the woods, you can find natural hot springs.

-Mike

6. We're finally starting to do some camping trips with our kids, ages 5 and 3. This summer we've hit Great Sand Dunes National Park in southern Colorado and Rocky Mountain National Park, where we got pelted by a ferocious hailstorm for 20 minutes (no tent damage, tho).

7. Me and a friend of mine will be visiting corsica, only with a backpack and tent. I'm lookinf forward to it