1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can 6-string basses fit in regular hardcases?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soong, Mar 12, 2008.

1. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    So im not sure where to post this but...

Cos i just ordered in a yamaha TRB1006 (a 6 string yamaha model, very nice) and was just wondering if i could purchase the case before the actually bass comes in.

not entirely sure how thick the neck is but i dont think that'd effect it much.

thanks in advance :bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The only thing that should really matter is scale length. Unless the case has a little cutout for the neck and it is not the right size.

3. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    My 6-string Zon fits fine in a regular Ritter case.

Funnily, i think its even smaller than a Jazz. The Ibanez BTB 6 fit fine as well.

The Yamahas tend to have wider necks, but overall should not be too much bigger.

4. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    When I bought my Ibanez BTB1006 I test fit it in a few cases and ended up with a RoadRunner soft/hard case very similar to my Roscoe case. Fit great and was fairly cheap. My advice is to take it to the store to test fit and get the one that it fits in the best. No sense in buying a case beforehand unless you know for sure that it will fit properly.

5. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i bought a case off the internet the other day and when it came i thought it was a guitar case it looked so small but still, suprisingly, my dean edge 6 (35") fits in perfectly