Can a bass be "sexy"? If so then which ones?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willbassist, Sep 3, 2000.

1. willbassist

Sep 2, 2000
    I think so!!! Many basses are in my opinion. For example my T-Bird, and whenever I refer to it I say "she" rather than "he"....... I dunno? I need some sleep I guess. What do YOU think??
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Well.. I dont get hot when seeing a bass, so I cannot say they are sexy.
    But I can get your point.
    I would say that Curbow basses are "sexy" , Some high End spectors too.. and every high detail -NO-Retro bass would be.
  3. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Absolutely. I think that my Fender is VERY sexy. =)
  4. hmmm , tricky one, my bass is beautiful, but I'm not sexually attracted to it?...or am I?

I have a MM Stingray in deep translucent red, black guard, oooooh - lurvely!!!
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    anybody remember the ad they used to put in Bass Player? The tobias ad where Robert Trujillo from Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious grooves was laying in his bed with his arm around his bass with the sexy vixen at the foot of the bed? They're sexy, I say, but not THAT sexy...

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    I think double basses are the as sexy as an instrument gets.
    They look like a cury, big-bottomed woman. MMMMMMMMMMMM.....
  7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I've got one of those 80's pointy basses. I guess it is "sexy" an alien sort of way.....:D
  8. rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    wow !!great question.

my wife would sure think so she says i treat it better than her.but i'll bet we have all heard that one time or another.i think my anniversary stingray is sexy in a platonic sort of way.but then again music is and can be very seductive.especially the bass !!!!!!

as always rock till ya drop !!!!!!
  9. BassBoy84

Sep 4, 2000
    you might as well say they are sexy or can be... especially the fact that there are chicks that get hot for guys that play bass. and the bass is part of the bass player. i think my bass is sexy cuz it looks cool and cuz it's black, too. i think the peavey milestone IV's are sexier than my milestone II. they are sexy!!!
  10. Warrior

Sep 3, 2000
    anyone ever seen a Jerry Drezoid Obsession 6
    I think thats just about the sexiest shaped bass ever made
  11. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I've never seen one....and of course...NOW I have to find one to take a look at...:D
  12. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    My Warwick Fortress Masterman 5 is sexy. IMO, most warwicks are, but the one I have is truly sexy. Curvacious, slim body and waist, golden blonde color... DAMN, I need to find a girlfriend :(
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think my doubleneck is pretty sexy, in a siamese-twin-sexpot-anna-nichole-smith sorta way. :D

14. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Wow John! Thats not just sexy, thats an orgy!
  15. yeah.. when you think about it then it looks like the upper part of the doubleneck is doing [youknowwhat] to the lower bass... :D

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  17. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I put a gold anodyzed pickguard on my black Fender and have had to beat the babes off ever since.
  18. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    *gets dizzy trying to think of what to do with 14-strings*

I think I need to lie down. I'll stick with four, thanks very much. =)
  19. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Right on! I don't know about sexy,but that is a damn fine bass. how about a $20k warrior bass ooooh.