Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can a Bass suck this much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phunky, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden
    I have a bass and an amp, the bass is called "Samuraii" and the amp is called "Regent". My dad bought it for me because i love playing bass but these things sucks so much, now when i've improved over the last months, i want to move on to slapping, but i can't - my gear is too bad, is this possible?:)

2. j-bass

j-bass

Feb 5, 2004
    sounds like a cheap copy bass you might want to get some a it better maybe along the lines of a made in mexico Fender.

Ernie

3. Check out Rondo music, they have some really cool equipment at low low low prices.

4. j-bass

j-bass

Feb 5, 2004
    Rondo seem like good value for money stuff but shipping overseas to this chap in sweden would be expensive.

I actually worked it out at more than the cost of the instruments themselves.

Ernie

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i have one of their older les paul rip offs, and honestly, its amazing for the price.

6. Oops, I didn't notice the original poster was from Sweden...

7. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    It's very possible that the setup on it is just crap.

Wonders can be done to even the crappiest of basses by a good setup tech.

8. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden
    "ombudsman" is actually a swedish word :)

9. I don't think you're hurting yourself by learning technique on a less than stellar bass... just means you'll be that much better once you get your hands on a nice instrument.

10. Does it mean the same thing as in French and English?

11. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    Well if it isn't tuneable i wouldn't bother playing bass. I had two basses that had messed up necks i would never have a bass like that again.

12. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden

yup

13. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I didn't know that :eek: