1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can a bored but helpful german/austrian TB'er help me out?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mcblahflooper94, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mcblahflooper94

mcblahflooper94

Aug 31, 2011
    Hello, I'm not sure I'd this is too much to ask for, but I was wondering if any bored talkbasser that is fluent in German would be willing to translate a song for me. It won't take long (I don't think). I'm in a German II class, and for world language week my friend and I want to perform You Know You're Right by Nirvana. Because I'm not fluent and comfortable enough with German to do this on my own, It'd be very helpful if someone was to translate the song in German. I'm not sure if this would be a pain, but their aren't any words that are very complex. This is NOT for a grade, if you would like to do this but feel that I'm taking an easy way out. Feel free to change up words to make it flow better with the song, it's Nirvana, the words aren't really relevant (; I will say it again, it is NOT for a grade, the most that my teacher will do is look over it, maybe. And because my friend sings with rasp, the actual words are very vague. Here is my rendition of the lyrics (I'm sure they're not correct, done by ear but like I said before, the actual words don't really matter IMO), thank you so much for the help ;)

I will never bother you
    I will never promise to
    I will never follow you
    I will never bother you

Whenever I say a word again, I won't crawl away from you.

I won't move away from here
    You won't be afraid of fear
    If alls were to come to this
    I always knew it'd come to this
    Things have never been so swell
    I have never felt or fell

*pain* chorus... You Know You're Right...

I'm so warm and calm inside
    I no longer have to hide
    Let's talk about someone else,
    Steaming soup against her mouth
    Nothing really bothers her, she just wants to love herself
    I will move away from here
    You won't be afraid of fear
    If alls were to come to this
    I always knew it'd come to this
    Things have never been so swell
    I have never felt or fell

*pain*x5, you know you're rightx17, *pain* 1 more time

I'm not sure if this is in the right section. Danke sehr!