1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can a dual jazz pickup be wired with a single jazz pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MattS, May 22, 2012.

1. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Can this pickup http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/bass/soapbars/5string/passive_phase_i/ be wired with a single jazz pickup?

I would like to put one of these in the "sweet spot" and have a single jazz pickup between that and the bridge. Any issues to look out for? Both would be passive. Would prefer a blend pot as I like to do volume swells with a master volume knob. I'm not finding much on diagrams for this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Just be careful of impedance mismatches when you start adjusting volumes.

You might also want to consider the differences of output.

3. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    How would/should I do go about doing that?

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    fjazz%20017.jpg

5. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
  6. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Ric5, that's pretty awesome! Do you have a wiring diagram for how you did that? how is it wired? I'd like to have a balance control rather than two separate volume knobs.

7. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Ric5... Also, since I plan on placing my pickup more towards the middle/closer to bridge, do you think I should use the neck or the bridge version?