Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can an equalizer do this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FOE_Bass, Dec 14, 2000.

1. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I want a pedal that will leave the tone unaffected, but will boost the decibles a couple notches. I have seen that the Boss pedal has a level adjustment on it, will this work? Will I have to use the bass one to keep the low end unaffected, or can I use the guitar one? And finally, if anybody has a used one or a used a/b box they want to sell, let me know.

2. An EQ will do that but may add some noise or take away some low end unless you boost those bands. You might try a pedal designed secifically for gain boost, MXR Microamps are readily available but there are others. I use a Tex-Tone Solo Stomp that is a hand made gain boost pedal that actually fattens up the lows and is dead quiet and has more than enough gain for the job.

3. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Why not use a volume pedal?
    Or is the output of your bass too low? Then yes this will work, also the guitar version.
    Another way to fatten up sound is the use of a pre-amp, more expensive though.

Matthias

4. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago