1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can an OBP-3 be run in 3 pot config

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Largedon, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I currently have a Warwick Thumb with 3 knobs volume with push/pull active, blend, and stacked bass/treble.
    Can the OBP-3 be wired to run on a 3 pot config? I don't want to drill any more holes. I looked at the wiring diagrams and it didn't appear so, but there was a whole sheet of ways to do the midrange that may allow for a 3 pot config, but it left me more confused than anything.

2. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    The problem that you're going to run into is the push/pull volume pot. In that place you've could've put a concentric pot with the mids on the bottom. In all honesty, I don't see why you need a mid control on a thumb. If I felt like changing the pre on a Warwick and was looking at Aguilar, I probably would've chosen the OBP-1.

3. BassGyver

BassGyver

Jun 29, 2004
    Belgioum
  4. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    +1
    There you go. I didn't even think those stacked volume/blend pots existed. :)

5. I thought about an OBP-1 and didn't see a 3 knob config in their wiring schematics. Honestly I'm really not worried about a mid control, so an OBP-1 would work just fine if it could be done with 3 knobs. The only one that showed a 3 knob schematic is the OBP-2 and the reviews on that one haven't been near as good as the 1 or 3.