1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can any one give me a review?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shinyflavors7, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I am looking at buying a mesa V-12 but I can't find any reviews. I'v played every other high powered models that mesa makes but I have not played the V-12 or the Big block 750(basically the same or so I'm told). my local dealer can't get either in with me buying them first. I play jazz, alternative, and a lot of fast metal. Is this good for this? I seems like it world be great each these styles but maybe their is something better out there for $1700. All input would helpful thanks.

2. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    I wouldn't spend the money without hearing it first. The V-12 just on the basis of the number of controls, appears a lot more flexible. Mesa makes very fine amplifiers - but their reputation is based on all-tube guitar amps and a hybrid tube/solid-state bass amp isn't the same thing.
    Listen and play it before you buy it. It might be what you want - but make certain it is first.

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
  4. thanks

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I believe I played though the v12 and a mesa 610 at the store a year or so ago, sounded pretty nice, but a friend who works at use to work in another store says mesa sounds great when it works, but has had some reliability issues in recent years... thats why his store didn't carry mesa... so if you know a good place you can take it if you need to and you have the money to lose if you don't like the sound and have to sell for less than you paid....go for it...

if I had 1700 to spend I check into eden wt800c. I have a wt550 and love it....but the 800 kicks the 550's butt in terms of ballsyness...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021