Can any one help me with "Interstate Love Song"

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Grunge_Rocker, Jun 15, 2003.

1. I am having trouble getting the Chorus part to sound right. The part where he says " you lied" and " go by". The high melody he is playing, I just can't seem to get it smoothly. Any help will be appreaciated, thanks.
  2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Been quite a while since I listened/played any STP...what I do remember, and what little advice I can give is that Deleo, or whatever his name is...uses a lot of minor scales in his playing. If you're gonna do a lot of STP work on minor scale runs. I did that a lot and it helped. For your specific question try OLGA.NET and do a search for the bass tab. Hope this helps you.;)
  3. here is how i play it.
    he is basically just going the higher octave.

hold the first octave note slightly longer, as seen with the longer gap below.

tell me if that does it for ya!:bassist:
  4. Thanks I will try that out and let you know.
  5. Yep, that works. I like that. Sorry Idon't know much about scales can you show me some links, that show Major, and Minor scales.

I need to learn, when it comes to bass I like to learn.:bassist:

Thanks for that tab, it worked great.
  6. there is a thread in 'general instruction' about scales, you will find it easy enough.

then after you have learnt you will see that all he did in that particular bar is: played the root note, then done a slide from the major 3rd to the 5th, before going to the octave twice, back to the 5th, octave, 5th, and root.

may sound like jiberish, but soon enough you will think that is remarkably simple.

i haven't played for that long (1 and a bit years) but iv found learning the scales is something that can easily make you sound good on bass even if you dont have a great idea of what you are doing...:D

if you like help on other songs send me a personal message, i might try and work it out, for your sake and mine, no guarantees ill be able to get it though, i aint great.