can any one ID this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tomass, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    I bought a new Bass guitar from a respected music store, brand new. It was about $600 AUD, all it says on the head is Ibanez SDGR? 4 pots for the eq and the knobs are plastic/rubber. It does sound nice and plays well so im assuming its not a dodgy make. I Just cant find no information on it thats all.

Some pics to show, btw they are bad quality so that it would be allowed to be uploaded
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Obviouisly an Ibanez Soundgear. Not sure exactly which model, looks like an older discontinued model.
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It doesn't have an Accu-Cast IV bridge (which has a great, "Why doesn't anyone else use this?!?" function of matching the saddle height to the radius and raising/lowering all the saddles together to maintain that) so I'm guessing early 90's SR-400 or lower.
  4. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    hm nah i know for a fact that it isnt a early 90s model, i bought it brand new a couple of months ago. Im assuming it might be a last year model.
  5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Could be NOS.

no model # or anything on the bass?
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    SR640. Available through about 2002, Made in Japan. Available in silver and black, rubbery knobs and black painted neck. Good bass, I had the 5 string version.
  7. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    i think your on the money tpylons (spelling), i forgot to mention the black painted neck. Cheers
  8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Most every Ibanez I've ever encountered has the model number printed on the back of the headstock, but you probably checked that already.