Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can any one tell me wich is better

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderpbasslite, Mar 15, 2002.

1. fenderpbasslite

fenderpbasslite

Mar 15, 2002
    i thinking about buying a new bass and i dont know wich brand i should go for can anyone help me and allso wich model should i go for

2. My advice would be to go to a few retailers and try every bass you can get your hands on. Don't depend on other people to decide what you like, it's a personal thing and only you can decide. What you might want to do is narrow it down to a select few AFTER you try some out, then maybe ask for pros and cons between the basses on your shortlist.
    Good Luck!

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Just browse the forums for a week (if you have that long) and see some of the names that have been thrown around a lot, with positive things being said.

After you do that, just go to a store and try 'em out. :)

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    If you want help, be more specific.

Price range
    type of music/style that it will be used for
    etc.
    etc.

5. As Ryan and the others said:you really have to go to several music stores and just "test drive" as many diffeant makes and models as you can.Even the ones you can`t afford,since they will give you an idea of what a higher quality instrument sounds/feels like and what qualities are most important to you as an individual are.

There are many many fine basses out there,some well known,some not so well known.Ultimately you have to decide on which will serve your purposes best and most economically....what you want,need,and what you can(and will)pay for your bass.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)

p.s.If you post a bit more info i.e.what you can spend,type(s) of music you intend to play,desired sound,etc. it will be easier for "da gang" here to give you suggestions.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Sadowsky 25 fret 4, Spector NS-5 XL, Pedulla Rapture J2 5 string, Modulus Quantum 5 & 4 string version of each bass mentioned.

That should do it for about a month.:D