1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anybody see Oteil's new rig?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Paulabass, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    I watched the Dead & Co. tour kickoff last night. Oteil is still using a pile of Epifani cabs, but he's added some single 18's in very large front loaded cabs. I imagine that low B is pretty killer on stage. As usual, the cameras are on John, so it's hard to see exactly what he's got. Anybody seen any stills?

Drocdbase likes this.
  2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...he sounds great on anything.

Back in the day (here), Oteil used a G-K 800RB head with a homemade 1x15 cab (& a stock Fender Jazz)....and killed.

3. How was the show ?

4. StephenR

StephenR

May 21, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I watched only a short amount of the show but am pretty sure that he has added Meyer Sound cabs to his rig, logo was visible in one of the close ups of him singing.

jerry and Paulabass like this.
  5. Pat Harris

Pat Harris Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I think you'd have to be standing about 20 feet in front of those subs to really feel the effects of having them :) I noticed he was at times standing on a "Bass Board" for a tactile low end response... and he's got IEM's.

While I love me some Dead (and Co.), Oteil and Jeff seem to be the two holding everything together. Billy and Mickey are pretty spent.

6. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Billy and Mickey are so laid back, but still always on top of things. We're just not used to seeing drummers so relaxed.