Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can anyone access a website for Trace Elliot?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigbajo60, Jan 10, 2006.

1. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I've been trying but have had no luck.

I'm trying to do some research on new preamps, and I wanted to make sure that Trace hasn't included a preamp-only unit amongst their newest offerings!

2. Hmmm. Seems like Trace Elliot forgot to pay their webspace/url bill! Hahaha lamers.

3. Or maybe they are just listed with Peavey now that peavey is their North American distributor. :cool:

4. Here's the whois info, looks like trace-elliot.com is stilled owned and registered by them. I couldn't access trace-elliot.co.uk, they forbid access to it.

Domain Name: TRACE-ELLIOT.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Updated Date: 15-jun-2005
    Creation Date: 17-jun-1996
    Expiration Date: 16-jun-2014

I couldn't acress the site however.....

5. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Thanx for all that info!

Since I had recently seen more Trace Elliot advertising activity in Bass Player and the like, I just figured... if you're gonna invite people to "window shop", you'd better have a "window"... you know? :meh:

Oh well!

6. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'm sure Peavey will get the new TE's distributed within reasonable time. But it's killing me not being able give these new Trace's a test drive.

The next question is if anyone in town will stock some of thes, for me to tryout when there even available ... hmmm

7. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    A "test drive" wouldn't even be a pre-requisite if the product were right!

A stand-alone, rack-mountable Trace Elliot preamp that meets the usual Trace standards for sound and quality would probably do it for me!

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Website is down - I wonder if they even know? I love my Trace Elliot Boxer 30 practice amp.

9. the site was up for quite some time. it's just that it's down now. it doesn't mean it's closed out, never to come back. perhaps an email to peavey's webmaster might help solve the problem.

robb.

10. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'm primarily curious how they're new stuff compares to Trace's great amps in the past... I'm quite a happy camper with mine. Trace Elliot has always been a fav mine.

11. considering it's the same designer, i'd like to believe that you're pretty safe. in fact, your only risk is that his preferences may have changed. but in talking to him, i predict the likelihood of that is slim to none. they've even kept the same "illuminated" vibe to their industrial design. the new TE stuff looks really nice.

robb.

12. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
  13. trace-elliot.co.uk is also up again.

robb.