1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone compare...

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by MrSidecar, Nov 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MrSidecar

MrSidecar Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hi all-

After 20-odd years with the same medium-grade stick, I am looking for a new bow. I am currently testing Prochownik bows, and would like to know:

Is there anybody out there who can compare (german grip) Prochownik to Jordan Scapinello's bows? He lives nearby, but doesn't have a German bow to try before april, and so I won't have a chance to A/B the two kinds.
    I am aware of the price difference and that it likely reflects two different classes of quality. But some firsthand experience of fellow talkbass members would be useful for me here.

Best
    Sidecar

2. wathaet

wathaet

May 27, 2007
    Jordans german bows are as good as they get. Mine is very clear, great articulation, plays easily.
    I am actually selling my german grip Lipkins if you are interested in a high-end German bow.
    Located in Stockholm.
    If you can afford a Scapinello or Lipkins, they are a very different League than Prochownik.

MrSidecar likes this.
  3. MrSidecar

MrSidecar Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    you have a PM...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021