1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone else get ahold of Doctor Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skeevenmac, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeevenmac

Skeevenmac

Jan 27, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I tried calling him last week and the number has been disconnected. Anyone else having problems? :crying:

2. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    [​IMG]

3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    People have been having this problem for a couple of years now.

4. ...i've had problems for the past one year, and two weeks. (ever since my money order for two cabs cleared Serio's bank).

5. Skeevenmac

Skeevenmac

Jan 27, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, I didn't mean that just that his number seems disconnected now. Does anyone know if there is another one to try?

6. john_g

john_g Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I think they mean if they knew another one to try they might not be in their current predicament.

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Their website says that they have a new phone number.

www.drbasscabs.com

. . . but beware . . . be afraid . . . be VERY afraid . . .

8. Skeevenmac

Skeevenmac

Jan 27, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I just saw that.... I'm a dork... sorry guys.

9. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    If you are trying to get in touch with Doctor Bass to order a cabinet, I strongly suggest you read through some of these threads to apprise yourself of the experience of the many unfortunate customers of Doctor Bass who have been waiting for years for their cabinets:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529953 (53 pages)
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604914 (50 Pages)
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603775
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618812

If you have already ordered a cabinet from him and are trying to get in touch with him because it has not been delivered, you have my sincere sympathy.

Edit: Ah, I see from the Head Count thread that you placed an order with Doctor Bass two years ago. Well, I'll leave these links here in the hopes that they may help others avoid becoming a victim.

10. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    We have switched our phone service providers
    Translation: Our former provider pulled the plug for non-payment. :rollno:

11. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Do what you can to get ANY contact and demand money back. See what the response is and then pursue legalities if you can.

Note to self-------check threads HERE at TB on custom builders BEFORE ever buying ANYTHING!

12. looks like the Dr. forgot to pay the Daddy for the domain name too :eek:

http://www.drbasscabs.com/

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 10/20/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion.

13. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    what about all those partially-finished cabs he posted pictures of a while back...was that ALL fake?

Cameron

14. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    wow...with all the very negative feedback, from almost everyone that's ever dealt with this guy...how could he possible stay in business?

This just make no sense to me...I mean I've heard that his cabs are pretty decent (never played through one)...if you get it...but his business practices sound horrible...

15. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I spoke with Marc about a month ago, as I need new wheels for the tiilt back casters for my cab I've had for the last three years. Marc put me in touch with his supplier (located in NJ), and I went there for the replacement casters, and had a good conversation with his rep. Marc has had many issues, which have impacted both his personal life and his business, which I won't get into here. While I never personally had a problem with him (I guess I got my cab when he was still rockin'), I'm not here to defend Marc, as there are many much better ways to handle bad situations.

I feel for all the guys that got jerked around here. Marc does, or did, make a great product.

16. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Domain registrations cost on average $10 a year, so if there was ever any doubt to the outcome here it should be erased now.

17. ian_s

ian_s

Jul 10, 2009
    Somebody grab those domain names, and redirect them to the TB DR. Bass threads.

18. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    There ya go!

Don't know if this helps, but I can not-build-you-a-bass-cab for 20% less than what Marc charges. I cal them the "Rapture Series" (with apologies to Mike Pedulla) because that pretty much coincides with when you can expect delivery.

Riis

19. 1n3

1n3

Sep 13, 2007
    USA
    Good luck with that. The next owner will be GoDaddy. They are already gathering traffic data for drbasscabs.com, which this thread will boost. The traffic levels will determine the value for a domain monetizer. You might have a chance to buy it later, at many times the original cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.