Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can Anyone Explain Proper Use of SWR's Subwave Feature?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bongolation, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    If it has a legit use, it seems fairly difficult to dial in so that it doesn't make various strange noises, especially on low notes on the E with various four-string Precisions. There seems to be some interaction with the mid-cut to clean this up, but I'm far from sure.

I've only had it for a day, but so far I'm pretty stumped. :meh:

Is this effect just a gimmick, or does it work for you? If so, how do you dial it in?

Thanks for any help...

2. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    I think you're going to get the best result when you're playing in the second octave of the neck (i.e. the E on the 7th fret of the A string and up). Maybe down to the B on the 2nd fret of the A string. . . anything below that and you're going to get mud. The times I've heard it used successfully, this is what is happening. I think the idea is that you can play a higher "melody" line and it is automatically doubled with a "bass" line.

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    This makes sense and jibes with what I have read elsewhere. It also makes sense in the context of having the thing invoked with a footswitch as a "lead effect."