1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anyone explain what this does in lamen terms. 362sw Sonic Maximezer + Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wildman83, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Wildman83

Wildman83

Jul 29, 2012
    I really appreciate it. I am just getting started in the sound world and learning as I go. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me about this product.

thanks

2. Do you mean 362sw Sonic Maximizer + Subwoofer Control?

It has a crossover that splits the signal so only low frequencies can be sent to an amp and subwoofer, while the mids and highs go to another amp and speakers.

It also has the Sonic Maximizer circuit, which corrects the phase and time-aligns the lows and highs. This cleans up the sound a little, IF it's kinda bad in the first place.

The sub control part can be done with any crossover, which will usually have a lot more controls than the BBE.
    And the Sonic Maximizer part is what we experienced sound engineers consider to be a bit of extra polish on an already good sound system, but they'll never fix a bad one.
    If one is in a system, I'll use it, but I would never buy one.
    Your money is better spent on great speakers, powerful amps, and a quality mixing board.