Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can anyone help? I am making a guitar stand at school.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RobNewman, Sep 11, 2000.

1. RobNewman

RobNewman

Sep 11, 2000
    Hi. My names Rob and for my school GCSE (I'm in England) technology project I have decided to make a guitar stand and need some help on design, dimensions etc. so if any one could help that'd be great.
    Cheers
    Rob

[Edited by RobNewman on 09-11-2000 at 03:23 PM]

2. ChrissySistrum

ChrissySistrum

Sep 11, 2000
    Hi! I would suggest going to a Guitar Center or some other music store website. They may have pictures/listings/dimensions of different guitar stands.
    The one I have at home is approximately 30" tall, the legs are approximately 12" long.

Do a search for guitar stands too, that might turn up something :)

I wish I could be more helpful!

3. Rob, as a musician that would rather build it than buy it, I can offer a bit of advice. Use the KISS principle:

K eep
    I t
    S imple
    S tupid!

I tried to make my own stand and had some good success but found out that there was a simpler stand on the market already that overcame some of the problems the others had. My problem came from the fact that I own more than one bass and I needed a stand to hold 2. The tripod-neck hoop-tubular types posed the problem of not being tall enough to hold the basses without hitting their headstocks (one is a canted style). Then I found a double stand from "Onstage Stands" it is a very simple arrangement of two tubular legs with consecutive, inverted, hinged V's with the pegs for the body. The top (pointy) part of the V is padded and is placed squarely in the middle of the body. The basses stand up facing forward - back to face like soldiers. No neck holders, no telescoping tubes, just a clean design.