1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Can anyone help? I am making a guitar stand at school.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RobNewman, Sep 11, 2000.

1. RobNewman

RobNewman

Sep 11, 2000
    Hi. My names Rob and for my school GCSE (I'm in England) technology project I have decided to make a guitar stand and need some help on design, dimensions etc. so if any one could help that'd be great.
    Cheers
    Rob

[Edited by RobNewman on 09-11-2000 at 03:23 PM]

2. ChrissySistrum

ChrissySistrum

Sep 11, 2000
    Hi! I would suggest going to a Guitar Center or some other music store website. They may have pictures/listings/dimensions of different guitar stands.
    The one I have at home is approximately 30" tall, the legs are approximately 12" long.

Do a search for guitar stands too, that might turn up something :)

I wish I could be more helpful!

3. Rob, as a musician that would rather build it than buy it, I can offer a bit of advice. Use the KISS principle:

K eep
    I t
    S imple
    S tupid!

I tried to make my own stand and had some good success but found out that there was a simpler stand on the market already that overcame some of the problems the others had. My problem came from the fact that I own more than one bass and I needed a stand to hold 2. The tripod-neck hoop-tubular types posed the problem of not being tall enough to hold the basses without hitting their headstocks (one is a canted style). Then I found a double stand from "Onstage Stands" it is a very simple arrangement of two tubular legs with consecutive, inverted, hinged V's with the pegs for the body. The top (pointy) part of the V is padded and is placed squarely in the middle of the body. The basses stand up facing forward - back to face like soldiers. No neck holders, no telescoping tubes, just a clean design.