Can anyone help identify this body?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Timmy_the_Jew, Aug 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Timmy_the_Jew

Timmy_the_Jew

Aug 3, 2021
    First post, so I'm probably in the wrong section; if so I apologize. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this isn't about a murder. I found this bass body on Reverb and I like the look of it. Seller says its a 4 string body. The routing is throwing me off because I don't remember ever seeing a bass shaped in this fashion with a pickguard large enough to cover an opening this large. Unfinished Ashwood Bass Guitar Body | CuiMusicEntusiast | Reverb

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sweet looking body there. Yeah, that's what's known as the "bathtub" or "swimming pool" route for obvious reasons. I know I've seen that body style before, but not sure where. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to roll your own pg for it.

Timmy_the_Jew likes this.
  3. FFEJY

FFEJY Suspended

Jun 14, 2021
    Jimmy Hoffa

Rôckhewer, bholder and Timmy_the_Jew like this.
  4. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    I've seen that before in non-Fender style body blanks. It's so that you can install whatever pickups you like without routing, the only obvious gotcha being the unique pickguard you'll have to cut.

5. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Close but not exactly. Lower horn is different as well as routing. No routing for bridge or tailpiece.

6. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    Out of curiosity I emailed the seller. His response was "it's a Warwick style body."

My interpretation of that is that it's probably a generic import brand trying to kinda-copy the Fortress.

Max Bogosity likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022