Can anyone help me in seeing what this guitar would sound like?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 22, 2005.

I'm interested in buying that guitar, but the only thing is that I'm partial to my sound of the guitar I own right now (SX fat strat. Basically a strat body with two humbuckers.)

I love the sound I get, and when I tried my dad's semi-hollow body, it sounded a little more, lighter than I wanted in a guitar sound, but I do remember getting a good sound out of it.

Now I've never had any experience with p-90 style pickups before, how do they sound?

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Your post is a little confusing. The link is not the Fat Strat, and p-90s are single coil pickups and not humbuckers.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    P-90's are like fatter single coils. But if you want thick and meaty, get real humbuckers.
  4. edited to make more sense, since I suck at the english language.

P-90s are single coils? How do single coils generally sound on a semi-hollow?
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That would sond really cool, but what kind of sound are you really going for? What bands would you equate it to?
  6. Well, I'm kinda going for a big clean sound. Like, I have my amp set where I want

Here are the settings if they help

so something that can cut through and also be big.

Like, I want something that will sound like it's being punched into you when I kick in the big muff. Clean, I would like it to have high end, but still have some of the bass in it. Kinda like the tone on Interpol's "NYC"