1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anyone identify this $$5?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by BoomBoomOGTL, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I’m becoming a fan of Warwick basses and have been contemplating a 5 string Corvette but w/all the similar models by different countries of manufacture, it gets confusing trying to vet them.

Can anyone tell which model $$ this is by the pic? Thanks for any help anyone can lend. I'm working on getting more info from the seller but in the mean time I thought I'd ask the experts here...

Wawick-1.

2. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Well it's definitely not a rockbass. You can tell by the toggle switches. It looks like an ash body German made $$. I know Warwick is making Corvette Standards in Korea now but I'm not sure about the $$.

3. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Looks like a standard German Double Buck Corvette 5 string. Passive MEC humbuckers that the two switches allow you to select each coil individually or run both. MEC 3 band active preamp. That is a chameleon of a bass it can do almost any tone you can think of. With a trans blue stain of course. Pre 2002 will have the more thick D shaped neck profile I find the new models with the slim line neck are so killer but there a tiny but of tone loss due to less mass in the neck but it’s worth it for playability IMO.

4. Info coming in is that it's an 05 model. . ser no. E-115281-05. Any idea of general neck profiles from this era? I can't go play play it where it's located.

And one more Q... what would be a "nice" price to pay for this? I'll follow up later but I'm liking this so far...

Thanks all.

5. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Thin neck...Round 1000

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Yes, indeed, this is a German-made Corvette $$, 05/25/2005, with Ash body and Ovangkol neck. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way. Thanks!

7. Bought it. Received it. Love it. 'Nuff said.

8. ...not a thin neck. Warwick changed to the thicker neck around 2000 and back to thin around 2008 (?)

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The change from thick neck back to slim neck was in late 2009/early 2010. Please let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!