1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can anyone identify this Acoustic head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeadGoonz, Mar 8, 2013.

1. This amp is coming up in a local auction today and I was just checking some photos and this pic shows an Acoustic amp by chance that's in the auction as well. I have looked around the web but can't identify it. Just don't know if it is worth the trip to the auction or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

It looks like a 271 Guitar amp from the 70's. Can't really tell, but a buddy of mine had one of those. The 271 looked like the 370 with more knobs.

Strange guitar rig... solid state of course, and the cabs were 2 15's with a big horn.

3. It does look similar. The 270 is very cool looking cab here is a pic I found.

Attached Files:

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Looks just a bit different than the 271 now that I exactly A/B it... different graphics around the last two knobs, etc.

They made a '400' series bass head back then also, that had more knobs than the 370 model. It MIGHT be that one. I can't rememer the exact model number, but it was matched with a strange 6x9 driver loaded cab, like 6 x 6 by 9 oval speakers. It was called the 480 or something.

Might just be a later revision of the 271. You can probably just call and have them read the model number off the front of the head for you, since you can't see it from the picture.